Arizona Lo-Rangers 4 Wheel Drive Club
Meetings are the last Wednesday of each month at the:
TC Luigi's PIzza & Pasta
1805 E Elliot Rd
south east corner of Elliot and McClintock)
Meeting starts at 7:00 P.M., come early and have dinner. Guests are always welcome.
The AZ Lo-Rangers 4WDC was first incorporated in 1995 and has been associated with the Arizona State Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs since its inception.
- Promote 4-wheeling as a family activity.
- To provide social, educational and recreational activities for the membership.
- Promote responsible use of 4 wheel drive vehicles.
- Participate in and support civic activities for the betterment of the community.
- The Arizona Lo-Rangers 4 Wheel Drive Club Inc. is a non-profit organization.
- Activities are organized as a monthly function.
- Trips are organized to provide 4 wheel drive travel experiences.
- Our trips range in difficulty from mild(stock vehicle) to hard-core (very modified vehicle) and everything in between.
- We encourage participation by people of all experience and skill levels. Guests are always welcome.
- Camping Trips: Weekend camping trips of 2 or more days duration, depending on the time available.
- Day Runs: Day runs, usually on a Sunday or Saturday, planned to take advantage of available daylight.
- Wildcat Runs: Occasionally members will decide to go on "Spur Of The Moment" trips, day or weekends. These trips are typically announced by E-mail or phone calls.
- Work projects: When needed the club members will assist local, or national groups by providing labor and vehicles for clean up and maintenance of trails or other public lands.
Four Wheel Drive Safety: The club is active in the ASA4WDC Safety and Education program. Providing staff and expertise to teach safe off-highway four wheel driving techniques to less experienced operators. See the ASA4WDC Safety and Education Web page for more details on this important project.
- Annual membership fee is $40.00 and is considered to represent a family (or household).
- Membership status is not contingent on number of meetings or events attended.
- All members must have a 4 wheel drive vehicle maintained in good mechanical condition and equipped with safety, first aid, communication and vehicle recovery equipment as specified in the club bylaws.
- Annual dues include membership in the Arizona State Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs and United Four Wheel Drive Associations as well.
Most of our members live in the
Valley. These members include families with children of all ages, couples with no children, and singles. Pets are welcome on trips (but only if they behave), the same rule applies to guests and family members.
Here are some pictures from past runs.
The club publishes a monthly newsletter which contains meeting minutes, trip reports, photographs from trips, a calendar of upcoming events, editorial comments, jokes, cartoons and any other drivel that the editor feels like throwing in. If you would like a copy of the newsletter, send an E-mail to our Editor
President: Steve Smith
Vice-President: Steve Graham
Editor: Charlie Babcock
Treasurer: Ed Lyons
Secretary: Charlie Babcock
Last Update: 2/5/08 SAN
Hosting provided by Total Choice Hosting